Boulder, CO, June 10, 2019—Stages® Cycling today began selling their next
generation of GPS computers with the Dash M50. The Dash M50 features an intuitive, easy-to-use design, robust GPS mapping with free OSM base maps and support for .GPX, .TCX, and .FIT routes, a high resolution, full-color Stages EverBrite™ display, and seamless compatibility with a broad range of ANT+ and BTLE enabled sensors including Stages Power meters.
Riders also get best-in-class customization of up to 12 data fields that can
be configured to alert riders to workout compliance, as well as a completely new Stages LINK mobile app for Android and iOS that enables file and route transfer, text and call alerts, uploads to 3rd party sites like Strava and TrainingPeaks, and a stand-alone training calendar that tracks a wide range of metrics. The Dash M50 is $249USD/€239.99/£209/$399AUD (including a durable, lightweight aluminum mount) and is available immediately from authorized retailers and online at www.stagescycling.com.
“Stages Power meters revolutionized the power measurement category when we launched six years ago,” said Pat Warner, Stages Cycling Vice President. “The Dash M50 maintains our focus on innovation and accuracy, pairing our revolutionary data customization and guided workouts with the GPS features a broader range of cyclists demand, all on vivid full color displays that are unrivaled in clarity.”
Stages Dash M50 features a full-color Stages Everbrite™ 320x240 resolution display, 16gb of storage, 12.5 hours of real world battery life and a weight of 95g. Stages will soon also begin sales of the larger Dash L50, which features a 400x240 resolution display, 16GB of storage, 14 hours of battery life and weighs 120g, priced $299USD/€299/£269/$499AUD.
Stages will also offer the Dash L10, an entry-level GPS unit with configurable
monochrome screen, advanced workout and training functions and basic course tracking, priced at $149USD/€149.99/£129/$229AUD. All Stages computers come with aluminum mounts included, an ultra low-weight and sturdy upgrade from the plastic mounts common with other brands.
Key Dash M50 features include:
· Stages EverBrite ™ full color, high resolution screen with backlight, user-selectable brightness, auto dimming mode, and Night Mode (dark mode.)
· Intuitive, menu-based screens for easy setup and use
· Free Stages LINK mobile app pairs with Dash for text and call alerts, ride file downloads and course uploads, detailed ride analysis and history, and pushes to 3rd party apps including Strava, TrainingPeaks and othersCycling-specific OSM-based maps with color coded roads, bike routes, paths and trails
· Points of interest including bike shops, cafes, pubs, gas stations and rest stops
· Turn-by-Turn course navigation with on-screen notifications and audio alerts
· Follow courses in .FIT, .GPX or .TCX file formats
· Course climbing/elevation profile including progress and color-coded percent grade
· Fully customizable layout: landscape or portrait mode, user defined profiles, preset and
custom screen layouts and contents with up to 12 data fields per screen
· Free custom course builder via Stages LINK including user-defined points of interest (city limit signs, etc)
· Preloaded with base maps (North America) with additional regions available for free download
· On-unit power meter management (pair, zero reset, view battery status)
· Advanced power metrics including TSS, IF and Normalized Power FTP and heart rate zone estimator
· Color-coded power and HR zones and interval progress graph
· Preloaded with workouts; more can be added via .FIT
files from Stages LINK or 3rd party apps
· Training Calendar and advanced analytics available via free Stages LINK app
Stages Cycling, LLC, with offices in Portland, OR and Boulder CO, launched the Stages Power meter in 2012, immediately making waves in the power measurement category. Stages has expanded into the commercial and home fitness categories with the SC3 commercial indoor cycling bike, with groundbreaking features designed to improve rider experience and increase durability.
In 2016, Stages completed the outdoor power training ecosystem with Stages Dash, a performance GPS head unit, and Stages Link, a cloud-based training service, guiding athletes to their best performances on the road and indoors through easy analytics, education, and custom coaching. More information at stagescycling.com.
Peter Nicholson, Vice President at TRUE Communications