At TRUE, the Account Manager is responsible for managing day-to-day account activity. This role is the primary interface with clients; is responsible for driving the implantation of PR campaigns; and continues to play a critical role with media. The Account Manager actively leverages other members of their account teams, and oversees all in-motion and up-coming activities. All basic PR skills such as pitching, writing and managing news announcements are now assumed, and the focus is on advancing these skills while developing leadership and people management skills.
As Account Managers progress within the position, they start playing a consistent role in strategy and counsel to the client, developing relationships at the higher levels of the client. They also begin identifying the need for more comprehensive planning and can determine how to use PR strategies to achieve clients’ business objectives.
- Oversee all account activities, including both short and long-term initiatives.
- Develops strong relationships with clients; maintains daily client contact
- Develops meeting agendas (can delegate to Account Executive) and leads team meetings.
- Provides strategic counsel to clients by identifying and assessing client needs and business objectives; elevate problems in a timely fashion.
- Builds client confidence and long-term relationships through communications and follow ups to ensure expectations are met and/or exceeded.
- Capable of consistently securing media coverage, ideally at a rate of 1-2 stories a month, per client
- Develops media strategies and manages media outreach
- Crafts clearly positioned media pitches, press releases, and other written materials
- Drives and manages press briefings, tours, and events
- Maintains productive relationships with top-tier trade and business contacts.
- Develops thought leadership platforms as needed and determines how to execute on these platforms.
- Develops and/or heavily contributes to both short-term and long-term strategic plans for clients
- Identifies need for larger media strategies and client trainings
- If needed, coordinates positioning and message development
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven ability to manage increasingly larger projects
Ownership and teamwork
- Capable of independent decision making in the absence of a senior member of the account team
- Effectively coordinates logistics with the larger team, including associate/executive level and senior staff.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
Counsel and growth
- Provides clients and account teams with in-depth knowledge of public relations
- High level of comfort communicating with clients
- Effectively positions strategic thinking capabilities to client through email, calls, meetings, etc.
Managing up and down
- Initiates and consistently leads meetings with both team members and clients
- Demonstrates ability to delegate effectively to team members
- Communicates with senior management about account status
- Articulates resources needed to get results most effectively.
- TRUE requires 4-5 years of professional experience, primarily in the PR industry, to enter this role.
- There is an expectation that a person would be in this role at TRUE for approximately 2-3 years before being promoted to an Account Director.
Get in touch!
Please reach out to Greg Fisher with interest