At TRUE, the Account Director takes the lead in overseeing client account teams and providing strategic counsel to the clients. The role delegates execution down to oversee workflow and ensure the highest quality deliverables against deadlines; manages up to senior leadership; and owns the client relationship with senior executives, serving as the main point of contact for TRUE. As needed, Directors continue to work with media, but can also delegate initiatives to other (junior) members of the account team.
As Account Directors progress within the position, they play a larger role in agency leadership – helping to determine new offerings for TRUE, increasing budgets of existing clients, contributing to agency culture, and bringing in and leading new business efforts.
- Counsel and strategy
- Interacts with and gains the trust of senior clients, providing overall strategic counsel
- Owns the client relationship and end work product/deliverables – reviews all major client deliverables (press releases; plans; results recaps, etc.) to ensure TRUE’s value-add is clearly expressed.
- Develops both short-term and long-term plans; translates client business needs into programs—via paid, earned or owned media – with specific executable next steps.
- Learns new PR strategies and tactics, and incorporates into account work, to help clients achieve results.
- Attends virtual and in-person meetings to cultivate long-term relationships and client happiness.
- Works with senior staff/CEO to define messaging and company narrative as needed.
Media and account management
- Guides and supports team members in the development, coordination, implementation and administration of campaigns and media outreach.
- Continues to manage media outreach and work to secure client coverage (with support, as applicable, from overall team)
- Routinely secure media coverage; ideally, securing 1-2 stories a month per client, with emphasis on larger profile pieces.
- Team player with strong ability to motivate, inspire, delegate, and lead teams to consistently exceed clients’ expectations
- Proactively contributes to the overall health and culture of the agency
- Collaborative spirit, with a hunger to grow into a bigger leadership role and an interest in helping to secure new business
- High level of comfort communicating with clients
- Effectively positions strategic thinking capabilities to clients through email and other interactions (calls, meetings, etc.)
- Can effectively manage nuances and challenges on the account with minimal input – with an openness to collaborative problem solving with TRUE senior management
Managing Up & Down
- Initiates and consistently leads meetings with both team and clients
- Demonstrates ability to delegate effectively to team members
- Communicates with senior management about account status, articulating resources needed to do the job most effectively.
TRUE requires 6-8 years of relevant professional experience, primarily in the PR industry, to enter this role.
Get in touch!
Please reach out to Greg Fisher with interest