TRUE Communications is looking for a Business Development Manager to join our team. TRUE is a full-service communications and marketing agency specializing in outdoor, fitness and technology brands. Over the past three years, we’ve more than doubled our revenue and are looking for the right person to join us and help grow the business.
About the role:
The Business Development Manager will play a strategic role in securing new business opportunities in the outdoor industry. Under direction of the founder & CEO, the Business Development Manager will proactively drive communications strategy, public relations, social media, content development and influencer relations business opportunities for the company and manage the conversation through to the close of contract. This role is an opportunity for an entrepreneurial professional to represent TRUE Communications and will creatively articulate TRUE’s unique value to prospective clients.
Specifically, you will:
- Assist in developing a new business strategy for the agency.
- Research potential new opportunities/accounts, identify key contacts and generate interest from prospective clients.
- Similarly, develop and cultivate an active pipeline of prospects, using your own network as well as cold calling, email, social and other channels at your disposal.
- Attend industry events, meetings and local association meetings to provide maximum exposure for TRUE and network/build relationships with targeted prospects.
- Gain a strategic understanding of a prospect’s social and PR needs, and how TRUE can help meet these needs.
- Manage and respond to written RFPs, gathering necessary insights as well as core TRUE offerings.
- Refine capabilities decks, as needed.
- Lead team during development of new business presentations, gathering and incorporating different ideas to ensure the full breath of TRUE expertise is included/apparent.
- Oversee communication with prospects during the new business process, though to contract close, participating in the proposal process and budget conversations.
- Keep accurate records of all prospecting activities and the different stages with which they are in.
- Three to five years of sales experience -- in a likeminded organization, whether that’s a PR, digital or advertising agency, OR in media/ad sales.
- Must be able to generate new business leads or have existing contacts within the active outdoor industry. Contacts within consumer technology are a plus.
- Experience selling in and/or communicating at the C-level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Stellar listening skills. Even better negotiating skills.
- Confidence in spades. An eagerness to just pick up the phone. A hunger to hustle every day.
- Base salary commensurate with experience
- Performance related bonus
- Unlimited PTO
- Health insurance
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally
Who we are:
TRUE is a full-service communications and marketing agency specializing in outdoor, fitness and technology brands.We don’t just come from PR: in our former lives, we were journalists, event planners, a fashion industry insider and even a natural resource scientist who studied mid-sized predators.
We have lasting friendships with our clients we cultivate through bike rides and well-timed GIFs. As a team, we share an obsession for good coffee or good beer, spend time outdoors together, and appreciate the pace of life an office outside the city affords us.